i was so nicely told that i should write on my blog again. haha. so, here it is. (when i am in RO, i will be able to update weekly, but probably not any more than that.)
anyone who reads this should go look at this video. These children are absolutely beautiful and my heart is growing anxious to meet them. Brian, the intern director, called me today to confirm plans for next week. Another small piece of making this all so real.
lately, i've been getting things ready and saying my goodbyes to some very dear people. On Sunday, i hung out with a few people in Rome. Matt organized a dinner at Provinos (i love those rolls) and dessert at his apartment. It was such a chill, stress-free, drama-free time that i really needed with some of my best friends. Trace and Frisbee gave me this awesome photo album full of pictures from the last few years. I will cherish that so much, especially when I am in RO. I was especially glad that Jer, Caitlin and Joe could be there that day, as I will not have the chance to see them any this week before i leave. Jer and Caitlin are getting married at the end of this month and then moving to New York. I'm so excited for them and jealous of their courage. Saying bye to people is hard when you are not sure when you will see them again. I've always had a fear for the unknown. However, the Lord is slowly making me grow accustomed to it.
I've got a big date with Matt on Friday that I'm very excited about. It's kind of joint 6 month anniversary/going away date. The only clues I have are that Matt is wearing his khaki pants and the restaurant has valet parking. :-) of course, almost every restaurant aside from the Varsity has valet parking in the ATL. haha. We will then be spending some time with his family, celebrating birthdays and graduations. Matt's family is so welcoming and I love to spend time with them. Getting to know a person's family is such a great insight into a person.
ok, that's all for now. i will have a good update before my departure next week. can't believe it is so close. one week and i will be getting on a plane!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
:)
love you.
Post a Comment