I am now here with just Brian, Brian, Andrea and Sarah. It was very strange to wake up this morning and have such an empty house. Our last week of camp is this week, so we have tons of volunteers to help us and a man from the States that has been doing some things in Hungary and is able to come to camp for most of the week.
Today we went to Sincrai to have the intro program for the older Sincrai kids and Sarmas boys. Several weeks ago, we had half of the kids from Sincrai at camp, many of them were younger. I got to see most of my kids today and it was so wonderful. Little Eva just blesses my heart so much. And so do the older kids from my team, Sergiu, Tunde, and Ionela; even Ciripel (who can be all over the place) came to me and hugged me. I do hope to visit them again before I leave Romania.
I already emailed Frisbee about this, but I just wanted to declare that this morning we had a little time listening to some classic Steven Curtis Chapman and Amy Grant songs. "Lucky One" brings such good memories from both my childhood and Berry. And i have a question...why in the world did Steven Curtis Chapman have songs about the "King of the Jungle" and "Dancing with the Dinosaurs???" For real.
Alright, well I am going to go now. Love you all and am looking forward to seeing people in about two weeks!

6 comments:
maxi taxi?! haha... that is awesome. love you!!
How wonderful to see a SECOND posting on your blog for this week show up on my RSS feed list on a Monday night! I know the house will seem a bit empty these next 2 weeks with so many who have returned Stateside. But, this will be a great time for you to enjoy those incredible children all the more.
We love you.
Dad
i agree about the animal themed songs...weird.
and i also agree with tracy that maxi taxi is funny. it's like a taxi full of maxis if you know what i mean...or like one BIG maxi with wheels on it...weird.
love you, dear!
OK 2 weeks from today you will be home and we will be picking your brain on all you can tell us. Matt and I get to pick Sunshine up at the airport and we are both sooo excited about getting to the date of 8/18. (Matt knows the exact time to the minute) Dad has a class til late night and Josh will be in Football Camp.Gee... Matt and I will be happy campers that day. Love you sooo much
mom
i love looking at pictures. its like i can see you across the ocean. :)
and the thought of you dancing around your room to lucky one made me smile. :)
love you, friend!
Hey Sweetie!! I am so glad you are having such an incredible time there! You are the best & I love you! Can't wait to see you :) Did you know I'm pregnant, by the way??
Post a Comment