After about 26 hours of traveling, I arrived home on Monday afternoon. It was glorious to see Matt, my family and my friends. I really missed all of them while I was in Romania.
Readjusting to the States has been more difficult than I thought it would be. You get used to living in another culture, not being able to communicate, having to work to get things done....but here, everything is at your fingertips. Everything is fast and easy. This doesn't really make sense, but it does in my head. More importantly though, I can't get the kids out of my head, not that I really want to either. I really do think and pray for them often, as I tell stories about them to my friends and parents. Yesterday, I accidentally lost alot of my pictures which is so sad. It's almost like I want people to see their faces as I tell them about the special kids I spent my summer with. I'm trying not to be too upset about it since others took pictures that I can get, but still, there were some special ones.
So what is next???? Yeah, I wish I knew! haha, just kidding. For now, I am going to be living with my parents and looking for a job around home. Lately I've been thinking about the YMCA or the new Boys and Girls Club that opened here. I'm still thinking and praying right now, but will get to work on the job search next week or so. If any of you know of opportunities around here, please let me know. Something I'm also thinking of is getting a Starbucks (:-)) kind of job and then volunteering in community things. These are all just ideas, of course.
Now that I am home, I am so excited to be back home to my church. There have been so many changes this summer since I've been gone and I'm excited to come back to them. I really enjoyed getting updates via tracy and the pastor, michael's blog over the ocean.
Well, I can't really think of too much to update about right now. Yesterday, I spent some time looking over my journal from my trip and picking out some of the key things the Lord taught me. Once I finish doing that, I will post several of them on here. I will continue this blog as it is still a journey back in the States....always an adventure!
much love,
bekah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh I was just thinking about you (literately)... so I checked your blog! I was glad to hear updates and prospective job options! Keep us updated!
Post a Comment