Thursday, December 18, 2008

Wedding Stuff!

Matt and I have been doing well. We have gotten lots done in the month we've been engaged. We've booked the College Chapel and the reception place. I'm both excited and nervous about The Govenor's House as the reception venue (and no, it's not the Governor's mansion, and a governor has not lived there, the lady's grandfather was named Governor). It is beautiful and unique, but i'm also nervous about space. I know it will work out though. It's definitely a cool place because we can have people seated both inside and then also outside on the patio. this was definitely a selling point for me. also, the fact that the lady is incredible to work with! it really helps to have great people skills if you are in the wedding business, because there are some stressed out brides and mothers out there!

Matt and I registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond back in November. We didn't finish our registry, but wanted to go ahead and put some things up just in case people needed Christmas ideas. It was so much fun picking out stuff for our house. and as girly/50's housewife as it sounds, i enjoyed every bit of it, especially the china pattern picking. :-)

Amanda is awesome and has been designing Save the Date postcards and invitations. She's so talented and has a good eye for design stuff. I'm lucky to have talented and helpful friends. We've not moved forward on getting Save the Dates out yet though. I need to finish the guest list before I do anything else.

I recently got to spend time with my friend Heidi who now lives in Pennsylvania. It was nice to just actually be together instead of talking on the phone and cramming our lives into a 30 minute conversation. I love her dearly and am so glad she will be by my side when Matt and I get married.

Another major thing I've done already is buy a dress!! I really did not expect to get a dress so early, especially the day I went. I really just went to David's Bridal to get some color swatches for the bridesmaids dresses. But then Amanda and I started to just looking at the wedding dresses. So we convinced Mom to go with us after lunch to try some on. And we ended up buying one!!! It is a beautiful beautiful dress that I could not have even dreamed of. It's definitely got me excited. :-)

For right now, I've put wedding planning on hold due to the busyness of Christmas. I've ended up with a ton of hours. Trying to work my schedule around all of the parties, gift-buying, and family time, has been a difficult task. It sure beats being bored though! That being said, I've got to end my blog break and continue wrapping gifts/doing laundry.

Until next time, Merry Christmas!!!!!!!
Rebekah

Currently listening to: Pandora Holiday mix (if you have not discovered the glory of Pandora.com, you're really missing out. it's awesome, so go there. now!)

1 comment:

Jacob and Jessica Willis said...

Hey! I saw that you guys are getting married on June 6- that is when we got married! So fun..its a good day :)