Friday, January 16, 2009

i can't believe it's been a month!!

so i just looked at the last time i blogged and it has nearly been a month. wow, sorry. although, i feel like the only people who read this are people i see/talk to every day with a few exceptions like my cousin, etc. (ps. Jennifer, we're praying for little Addison! the Lord is taking care of her!)

Christmas was great this year. We've never done the whole Christmas Eve/Christmas Day with more than just my immediate family before. So with my grandparents here this year, we had quite a few people in the house. 14, actually. yeah, it was crazy. as crazy as it got, i did love it. i slept on an air mattress in my parent's room, but didn't mind a bit since alot of my family was here. also, it was fun to have the little girls here on Christmas morning to see what Santa brought them. :-) Another plus to Christmas was that I got to spend time with Matt and his family as well. I really enjoyed the time I had with them, it wasn't long enough.

New Years was also great this year. It was my second New Years with Matt and I'm so glad we could spend it together again. One of my freshmen roommates, Amber, got married on New Years Eve. Matt and I really enjoyed that wedding. It was beautiful and a joy to see Amber so happy. We jetted out of the reception early enough to be able to enjoy the countdown to 2009 at Tracy and Brian's house with a bunch of other cool peeps. I had a blast with all that were there. Ryan and Rachel (some newly engaged friends of ours!) spent the night at Matt's house. It was wonderful to spend some time with them since we'd never really done that before.

Wedding planning is going well. Once I got done with the craziness of the Holidays, I started back in full swing with the planning. I've now chosen the bridesmaids' dresses and am very pleased with them. I've also gotten lots of ideas that I'm working on with my girls and Mom. Also, I've reserved a block of rooms at a hotel in Rome for wedding guests. Other than meet with my reception place owner to plan all of those details, I really only have to confirm a florist for the ceremony, finish our wedding registries, choose a tux style, and enjoy some bridal showers!

Alright, so i mean it this time when i say it won't be so long when i update next. I think i just need to keep some ideas flowing and then post them when i feel like it.....yeah, maybe i'll do that.

however, that is all for now. I've got bunches to do. :-)

1 comment:

Jennifer Grayson said...

Thanks Rebekah - keep the prayers going....we need them!