Wednesday, January 21, 2009

it's the little things in life...

you know, it's funny. Matt and I were having this conversation about how I have this high tendency to get down emotionally. i know that is not funny, but the timing of things is what is funny. Trace wrote this post about just the little things in life that make her happy, sad, or whatever. Having that kind of perspective in life was exactly what Matt was trying to get through to me, trying to appreciate the little things in life.
I go through phases where I just can't see past my own "failures." I get so obsessed with perfection, setting a ridiculous standard for myself. This high standard ends up meaning that I feel like I fail at everything! It's almost like I'm always setting myself up for disappointment in myself. I often feel like I am the only person in the world that struggles like this, but then i realize it is all around me. Like I said, it's an obsession, and often with obsessions comes this "lone ranger" kind of mentality.
Therefore, I am now resolving to the blog world that I want to see the little things in my life that I appreciate, to not have a tunnel-vision on my own fallacies, and take myself and everything/everyone else as they are. Also, I am again going to "dance it out," as some of you know.
So, thank you, Tracy, for your post that seemed pointless to you, but mattered to me.

That's all. :-) for now.
Link

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, definitely seemed pointless but i'm glad it meant something to you :) i love you so much, best friend!

Mike and Lynn Britt said...

you ARE too hard on yourself. I have NO IDEA where you get that from. Oh no! you don't think it might be GENETIC do you?

Ease Up,
I Love You,
Dad

amanda sue said...

you're awesome :)

i love you!