Wednesday, September 17, 2008

ok, ok!

i (like tracy) have been yelled at for not updating my blog like i should. so here it is!

i feel like life has been pretty busy lately. with training at Starbucks, LaGrange football season starting, my grandparents being here and Matt's travel season taking flight....much of my time seems to be spent on the road, at the grocery store, on the phone, or at Starbucks!

Starbucks is going well. Just yesterday, i started learning how to make drinks. Steaming milk, remembering how many pumps and shots go into each drink, what the exceptions are, and the differences between each size can be a bit of a task for the brain. However, I think I'm going to be alright. I'm just going to remember to be patient with myself and to not get frustrated that I can't go as fast as the other baristas. (Ps. i think barista is a totally cool word, and I'm pretty stoked that I get to have such a cool title). What I'm most excited about with working at Starbucks is getting to know people, both the customers and my fellow "partners." I've already enjoyed talking with people already, getting to know their names and their favorite coffees. :-) I never realized how regular people really are at Starbucks, even in this small town area.

Grandma and Grandpa were here with us for several weeks. It was really great having them here. Grandma decided to teach me some of her classic recipes, which really cracked me up. They are both hysterical with their dog, Belle. She's an old old Shitzu that often acts more like a cat than a dog. She rarely lets you pet her and when she does allow you to, she shakes off your scent right away. By the end of my grandparents' time here, Belle ended up really liking me. She got used to me taking her outside and being able to play a bit with her. My Granddaddy absolutely loves that dog and it's the cutest thing ever. We had a scary few days while they here, when we had to take my grandpa to the hospital for pneumonia. After a couple days with breathing treatments and antibiotics, though, he perked up a ton and was back to himself. He's still on medication for it, but the scary part was over. We were mostly concerned for him because of his age. Though he may not seem like it, my grandpa will be 86 in October, so pneumonia being in his lungs was not a good thing.

I'm proud to say that my brother and the LaGrange Panthers won their first game a week and a half ago!! It was beautiful. Really. All of us were crying our eyes out...even some of the boys. :-) This past Saturday was the first home game and they were so very very close to winning. The bad calls really cost us the game. But Josh and his defensive team played an awesome game and I'm still a pretty proud sister.

Matt has started his travel season for the admissions department. He's enjoying it and for that I am grateful. I am ready to be able to see him more often, but this just seems to be the story of our lives lately. On the very bright side though, we are able to talk on the phone, in the same time zone, and either one of us can call the other (not just me being able to call him while i was in romania!). So...life is good. Also, what time we do get to spend together is quality. I'm very excited to be going to see Les Miserables with him this weekend. It is going to be great!

Well, i don't really think there is much more to update about. Hopefully, I'll start to settle into a routine with work and all, so there will be more time for blogging....but maybe not.
:-) Much love!

1 comment:

amanda sue said...

:)

i just want to say that i also think barista is a totally cool word, and i am SO proud of you for using "stoked." i told you i wanted to bring it back :) thanks for helping!

love you :)